Monday, April 19, 2010

Henry's Lake and Yellowston

Today we decided to take a drive up to Henry's Lake to see if the fish were still spawning. Most of the fish were done, but there was still a few at the fish hatchery.





After the fish hatchery we decided to head into West Yellowstone to look around. When we got there we discovered that it was National Park Week which meant admission was free for the week so we decided to take a little drive in the park. There were still a lot of roads closed in the park, but the animals were down low so it was lots of fun.


We saw a lot of buffalo. They were also all over the road. Mckenzie loved that they would come right up to the car windows!!

We saw lots of different animals, but our favorite was the HUGE grizzle bear. It was the biggest grizzle bear I have ever seen. We tried so hard to get a picture of it, but he was moving so fast so all we got was his butt, so I won't post that.





The park was a lot of fun and the best part was that it was free!!

2 comments:

  1. Cute pictures!! I love Yellowstone. I am so jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lucky that you would go when you got to go in free!! I LOVE anything Free!! Looks fun! I wish I had time this week to run my kids up to see all the animals!:(

    ReplyDelete